Monday, February 9, 2009

Wow, what a great convention for the Connecticut Photographers assoc. I got to meet David Hume Kennerly and see some of his amazing photographs. I was totally in awe of the photos from the Vietnam war...such impact and storytelling. He created memories of historical events and shared such a wealth of information. Ben Willmore, my favorite photoshop guru ,was there as well and gave a terrific seminar and I can't wait to see in again in New York in March. And of course, thanks to speaker Carla Ten Eyck, I am actually doing a blog, due to her informational talk. If you are a photographer and not attending these valuable meetings, shame on you. I loved getting to visit and chat with new and old friends. My personal favorite, Dick Robertson was CPPA's special guest and was honored in a beautiful ceremonial banquet. He was one of my mentors and inspirations and always will be. Love ya Dick. His wife, Marcia is an incredible artist and just a sweetheart. I will plan a trip to Florida just to check out all their new work and visit sometime soon, I hope.
I missed my darling granddaughter, Giovanna but will resume my babysitting duties again tomorrow. I can't wait until my two ten year old grandchildren, Joey and Kristina ,can attend the photography lectures with me as the new generation of photographer.

17 comments:

Magalina315 said...

I am absolutely loving your blog... Keep it going!!! It was fabulous meeting you yesterday night at the PUG meeting!! I hope you had a great time... and I look forward to reading your blog!!!

carla ten eyck said...

Yeah Miss Gerri! Keep it UP....I am so glad you made it to the PUG as well and am looking forward to your updates... you are so spicy and full of life I know I am going to enjoy what you have to say!

Jasmine said...

I looooove Carla! You learned from one of the BEST in the industry! :)

Valeen Thivierge said...

Love the blog! And would love to meet you sometime too! All the best!!!

Sarah McCoy Photography said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I hope you find it as addicting as I do :) Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of your very own reality tv show :) You learned from one of the best. Thanks for coming to the PUG meeting, it means a lot when new people come. Maybe next time I can formally meet you and chat.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Jerome said...

Welcome to the blogging life! It was great meeting you at PUG! Keep up the posting!

Mary Marantz said...

sweet!!! welcome to blogdom!! You're going to love it! It was so great meeting you at PUG!!

xoxo
M:)

Jaime said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. It's a ton of fun.

Katie Slater Photography said...

Yay! Welcome! Great job setting up your new blog! :)

laurie said...

Welcome to blogging..it looks great!! carla has been a true inspiration for me..enjoy your ct pug..i'm from nc but I LOVE THEM FOLK :)

Cheryl said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! :)

Graham said...

So glad you started blogging! I'm looking forward to reading more!

Salty Grapes said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I was at Wednesday's PUG party, but we didn't get a chance to meet and now I'm so disappointed! So I will look forward to meeting you at the next one. =) Your work is just beautiful... I cannot wait to learn more from you! -Julia

Eric Foley said...

Hello Gerri, yeah I too missed the last PUG :( I look forward to meeting you at the next one as well! The combination of constant blogging and the PUG meetings has changed my business for the better and I've met a ton of awesome people too. Keep posting!

Robin Dini Photography said...

Welcome to the world of blogging and the CT PUG group :). Looking forward to following your brand new blog :)